UK-wide network of 100 Electric Forecourts® to accelerate
the EV revolution
Last week, Greenhouse Communications helped GRIDSERVE announce its plans to build a UK-wide network of more than 100 Electric Forecourts® designed specifically for the needs of electric vehicle drivers, delivering convenient, ultra-fast,
GRIDSERVE’s £1 billion programme involves the company building new solar farms to supply the Electric Forecourts® with clean, low cost energy. It is also installing multi-megawatt (MW) batteries to provide grid services that support the rapid uptake of EVs and additional renewable energy capacity.
Construction on the first two Electric Forecourts® in York and Hull will begin later this year, where GRIDSERVE is also building the UK’s most advanced solar farms. The network of 100 Forecourts, which are planned to be operational within five years, will offer:
- Rapid charging– The new forecourts will support charging rates of up to 500kW for cars and light commercial vehicles – the world’s fastest – offering less than 10-minute charge times. There will also be charging options for buses and heavy goods vehicles.
- Competitive pricing– GRIDSERVE is investing in grid infrastructure and new solar energy capacity to be able to deliver dependable, clean, low-cost energy that improves the business case for electric vehicles and be competitive with home and destination charging.
- Minimal waiting– Typical configuration includes up to 24 ultra-fast charging bays. A new queuing system will also minimise waiting times and allow customers to be able to reserve charging slots in advance.
GRIDSERVE has assembled world-class partners to participate in the delivery and operation of the Electric Forecourts®, including ChargePoint Inc. - which operates the world’s largest EV charging network - and Arup which has designed and engineered the Forecourts.
Greenhouse has worked closely with GRIDSERVE to maximise the impact of the launch, attract investment and help pique interest from potential technology and retail partners.
What did Greenhouse PR do for GRIDSERVE?
- Developed compelling media materials, targeting key influencers (investors, retailers, local authorities, politicians, and technology suppliers) to drive high media penetration.
- Engaged with key target journalists during comprehensive media sell-in to secure global coverage, highlight investment opportunity and raise awareness amongst EV drivers.
- Developed tactical social media strategy, identifying and targeting a complex network of influencers, potential investors, trade associations, retailers and politicians.
- Built an online community on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook to maximise the reach of the launch and engage with the EV community.
- Cultivated a social media tool kit to help GRIDSERVE executives and stakeholders confidently and effectively engage in online conversations, using impactful design and copy.
- Greenhouse delivered over 130 pieces of coverage in national, international, broadcast and regional news outlets, plus vital coverage in key target trade verticals with a total estimated reach of over 1 billion. Standout national coverage included The Times, The Daily Mail, The Telegraph, The Express and Yahoo.
- Television and radio interviews on BBC Look North, BBC Radio Humberside and BBC Radio York.
- Secured interest from investors and potential partners who referenced media coverage as reason for getting in touch with GRIDSERVE.
- Delivered massive reach on social media, with engagement and endorsement from key influencers.
This is amazing and very important news. Although there are already 1,000's of rapid chargers installed in the UK, many people who've never used an electric car still say 'there's no charging network.' These guys are putting an end to that excuse.
— Robert Llewellyn (@bobbyllew) 29 March 2019
Are you a business working to accelerate the energy transition? Get in touch with Greenhouse to discuss how we can help increase your impact through communications.